The information listed here can be found easily with a simple google search. We are not trying to tout Crubom as a health food. We simply want to provide the healthiest chocolate that we can and firmly believe that it can be beneficial. As with anything, chocolate should be eaten in moderation, but we believe that the healthy daily dose of chocolate is real. So go ahead, add this to your morning or evening self-care ritual.
Our chocolate ingredients:
Raw organic cacao (butter and powder)
- It is beginning to look as if most of the negative attributes of chocolate really come from the process and additives. When left unheated, it is much higher in antioxidants (including the ones that famously make us feel really happy after eating chocolate) and the natural omegas are not destroyed. In fact, some of the things that chocolate has gotten a bad rap for, like weight gain, tooth decay and contributing to diabetes, may be improved by cacao in its true form.
Cold-pressed organic coconut oil
- Coconut oil is thought to decrease hunger and reduce blood-cholesterol levels, lowering the risk of heart disease. Its fatty acids may even increase brain function in Alzheimer’s patients. The lauric acid that makes up a significant amount of its fatty acids is known to kill bacteria, viruses and fungi.
Good Flow local honey
- Honey is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial. It provides a small amount of a wide array of nutrients and also boosts energy and memory.
Our flavors’ ingredients:
Cayenne + Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- We use Pink Himalayan Sea Salt because it is unprocessed, mined from old salt deposits in the Himalayan mountains, has trace minerals, contains less sodium per serving than table salt, and let’s face it…it’s pretty.
- Cayenne has many antioxidants and is thought to help boost metabolism, lower blood pressure, and improve digestion.
Grated Ginger/Pink Himalayan Sea Salt/Lemon Zest
- Same salt goes into this one, my personal favorite, in addition to freshly juiced ginger and freshly grated lemon zest.
- Ginger has many touted health benefits, some of which include improved digestive health, reduced risk of heart attack and stroke, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Hemp Seed + Goji
- Hemp seeds are a great source of protein, omegas, phosphorus, magnesium and manganese. It also adds a slightly nutty flavor to the chocolate.
- The goji berry is a red berry native to China, known for its antioxidant content. These berries also contain essential and trace minerals, amino acids and are a good source of protein. On the other hand, they could interfere with blood thinners, diabetes and high blood-pressure medication, so if taking any of these, check with a health care provider.
- Bee pollen is considered to be one of the most completely nourishing foods. It contains high levels of protein (and about half of that protein is in the form of free amino acids, meaning that it can be readily used by the body). It is said to be an energy enhancer, an effective treatment for allergies and asthma, a digestive aid, a craving crasher (used to fight addictions), a digestive and prostate aid, good for the cardiovascular system, and may even help treat infertility. Wow.
- Sunbutter is really Sunflower Seed Butter. Like many of its other friends on this page, it is a good source of protein and minerals. It contains no cholesterol and is considered to be a good (unsaturated) fat. Maca powder is made from the maca root, and is used to treat anemia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and female hormone imbalance. It provides energy, is said to increase memory and…fertility.
- Our white chocolate (same as dark, but without cacao powder) is one of the only non-dairy white chocolates out there. It is often said that white chocolate isn’t really chocolate. As it still contains a significant amount of cacao, I beg to differ (although I prefer dark). We added some local coffee to cut the characteristic white chocolate sweetness. Quite an improvement, I think.
- We make this flavor two ways: 1) with Young Living Essential Orange Oil and fresh orange zest, and 2) with organic orange flavor. I’m using the latter for now, as I haven’t quite perfected the first.
- Again, Young Living oils make an appearance with their wonderful Peppermint oil. Peppermint has long been used as a remedy for a number of tummy ailments, even including nausea brought on by chemotherapy.
The Rodrick (Crispy Peppermint)
- A lovely combination of Peppermint and Crispy Dark, suggested by our dear friend and kombucha peddler, Rodrick.
- An unusual but tasty and refreshing chocolate made with fresh basil, suggested by my amazing nephew and future chocolate sales-person, Brady Patrick.
*A note on white chocolate:
Our white chocolate (same as dark, but without cacao powder) is one of the only non-dairy white chocolates out there. It is often said that white chocolate isn’t really chocolate. As it still contains a significant amount of cacao, I beg to differ (although I prefer dark).